Date: 28th December 2022CALL FOR APPLICATION: ADVERT CODE: ICSS/002UG/2023JOB TITLE :
FINANCE OFFICERNUMBER OF POSITION :
ONE (1)DUTY STATION :
BIDIBIDI REFUGEE SETTLEMENTREPORT TO :
Executive DirectorPOSITION OPEN DATE :
28th December 2022CLOSING DATE :
15th JANUARY 2023EXPECTED START DATE :
1ST FEBRUARY 2023CONTRACT DURATION :
1 YEAR (WITH POSSIBLE
EXTENSION FOR 2 YEARS MORE)ABOUT I CAN SOUTH SUDAN
I CAN South Sudan (ICSS) is a multi-sector Non-Governmental Organization devoted to advancing the well-being of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Returnees and Refugees, with a special focus on vulnerable children and women. I CAN South Sudan is a Refugee-Led Organization registered in Uganda's Bidibidi Refugee Settlement in Yumbe District. The organization has expanded its services to South Sudan and is registered as a national organization and having coordination offices Juba, Ibba, Yambio, and Ezo.
With funding from COHERE, OXFAM & MERCY CORP, I CAN South Sudan is looking for a highly skilled, competent, proactive and self driven individual for the Position of Finance Officer to run these projects in Bidibidi Refugee Settlement.
The contract for this position is fix term/definite contract with possibility of extension for 2 years and beyond based on satisfactory performance and funding availability.WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Charismatic and Pragmatic Finance Officer with outstanding time management abilities, a team player with Excellent leadership skills and the capacity to work with limited oversight and use of the initiative. We are also looking for a person who has Professional Expertise in accounting practice and understanding of financial principles, who has a deep interest and enthusiasm for our work.PURPOSE OF WORK
I CAN South Sudan seeks to recruit a Finance Officer for Bidibidi Refugee Settlement Zone 1. With Supervision from the Program Manager, the successful candidate will lead multiple projects and will be responsible for Managing All the Finances of the Organization, Financial Controls, timely and quality reporting, Logistical coordination and perform all other duty in line with their positionDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Manage all accounting transactions;
- Prepare Budget Outlook
- Handle Monthly Bank Reconciliation
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable;
- Ensure prompt payments to banks
- Calculate income and file tax returns
- Manage balance sheets of the
- Report on financial health and liquidity of the Organization
- Audit of bank transactions and records
- Enhance secrecy of financial data and backup of databases where appropriate performance with financial laws and legislation.
- Work with the Project Officer, Program Manager and Logistic Officer to generate quality finance reports for the Program and keep clear records of all financial transactions.
- Track the cash flow of the services to ensure that contributions are requested in a timely manner to promote the seamless flow of program operations, including ensuring that funding is distributed to the sector in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper invoicing/recharging of our partners offices for the costs accrued by the Program and employees for the private use of I CAN South Sudan services.
- Ensure that any spending expended is compliant with approved budgets.
- Any other role delegated from time to time by the line boss.
- Minimum two (2) years of accounting experience in the provision of a wide variety of accounting and financial services, preferably within the context of a Multinational NGO.
- Established understanding and experience in dealing with computerized accounting programs and spreadsheets
- Hands-on training in tax applications (Quick Book and Etall)
- Advanced skills of MS Excel
- Experience of general ledger tasks
- Great attention to detail and sound analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or equivalent degree.
- Knowledge and appreciation of financial and accounting systems, policies and processes.
- Ability to prioritize own workload, work independently, and a determination to work within strict time limits.
- Strong leadership skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and capacity to accurately present facts and ideas.
- Commitment to the principles, goals and ideology of I CAN South Sudan.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Report writing skills
- Excellent critical thinking and good decision making
- Previous experience managing multiple projects and Accounts
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Good communication skills: ability to share information, collect feedback on changing priorities and procedures, give constructive criticism, speak clearly, writes effectively to persuade any situation, listens to others with interest to help with ideas and demonstrate the ability to build relationship with and outside the organization based on trust and professionalism
- Ability to multi task: The ability to demonstrate interest in improving relevant skills, planning and organizing , setting clear achievable goals with project priorities, handle multiple tasks and assignments, prioritizing more important tasks and maintain a good sight on others, timely reporting any barriers to tasks completion immediately
- Teamwork: Work in collaboration with others, delegate task and responsibilities, actively make team decisions in the organization to achieve project tasks that contribute to organization’s vision, Mission, and goal, welcome diversity and willing to embrace everyone regardless of who they are, willing to learn from others, accept criticism and open up to adjustment and able to handle working pressure and maintain same spirit of work
Submit soft copy of your application letter, an updated CV and 3 referees with copies of your key academic documents electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through our website www.icansouthsudan.comDeadline
Deadline for receiving application is 6th January 2023. I CAN South Sudan’s value is diversity and hence we welcome application from all regardless of gender, tribe, religion and nationality. Female candidate are strongly encouraged to apply
I CAN South Sudan is committed to Zero tolerance for Fraud and Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and hence all application and recruitment process is free of charge. Report any misconduct to email@example.com or 0774857262Note
Only selected applicants will be contacted for interview
Submitted copies of academic documents will NOT be returned to the applicant after review and will be well protected