Date: 28th December 2022CALL FOR APPLICATION: ADVERT CODE: ICSS/003UG/2023JOB TITLE :
MEAL OFFICERNUMBER OF POSITION :
ONE (1)DUTY STATION :
BIDIBIDI REFUGEE SETTLEMENTREPORT TO :
PROGRAM MANAGERPOSITION OPEN DATE :
28th December 2022CLOSING DATE :
15th JANUARY 2023EXPECTED START DATE :
1st FEBRUARY 2023CONTRACT DURATION :
1 YEAR (WITH POSSIBLE
EXTENSION FOR 2 YEARS MORE)ABOUT I CAN SOUTH SUDAN
I CAN South Sudan (ICSS) is a multi-sector Non-Governmental Organization devoted to advancing the well-being of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Returnees and Refugees, with a special focus on vulnerable children and women. I CAN South Sudan is a Refugee-Led Organization registered in Uganda's Bidibidi Refugee Settlement in Yumbe District. The organization has expanded its services to South Sudan and is registered as a national organization and having coordination offices Juba, Ibba, Yambio, and Ezo.
With funding from COHERE, OXFAM & MERCY CORP, I CAN South Sudan is looking for a highly skilled, competent, proactive and self driven individual for the Position of MEAL Officer to run these projects in Bidibidi Refugee Settlement.
The contract for this position is fix term/definite contract with possibility of extension for 2 years and beyond based on satisfactory performance and funding availability.Job Description
I CAN South Sudan seek to recruit a MEAL Officer for Bidibidi Refugee Settlement Zone 1. With Supervision from the Program Manager, the successful candidate will lead multiple projects and will be responsible for planning, Financial Controls, timely and quality reporting, Logistical coordination and perform all other duty in line with their positionRESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate actively in the implementation of M&E processes by providing technical support and checking quality.
- Harness, adapt and roll out tools and technological innovations for collecting and analyzing data with an aim of improving the project
- Participate in developing an M&E Plan, M&E work plan and indicator tracking matrix, in line with the project’s thematic standards and practice.
- Generate program monitoring, reporting and information management plans
- Pioneer the development, review and utilization of data collection, monitoring and reporting tools
- Participate actively in the enforcement of Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and Quality Improvement (QI) measures for all field program interventions
- Support fellow team members in capturing and documenting best practices and success stories for learning, reference and dissemination
- Generate program information and dash boards for tracking and depicting progress on program and strategy implementation against targets and key milestones
- Initiate data analysis and action planning meeting with program teams to review data trends and overall
- A minimum Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, Journalism and Mass Communication, Statistics or Demographic Research or a Diploma in Monitoring and Assessment is necessary.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a comparable job requiring data collection, recording and reporting.
- Demonstrable experience in producing good quality documents for different audiences and managing Children Data, GBV& CP information management systems.
- Ability to collect, analyze and produce good quality data and information
- Established data processing capabilities and concrete understanding of open source resources such as the KoBo Toolbox.
- Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms access
- Knowledge in Device Statistics Bundles (EPI INFO, SPSS and Stata)
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory survey/research methods
- Experience in use of data to inform decision-making, planning, and performance monitoring
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong management skills (Managing, motivating and developing staff)
- Team player.
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions
- Must be flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in modern proposal writing
- Excellent Report writing skills
- Excellent critical thinking and good decision making
- Previous experience managing multiple projects
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Good communication skills: ability to share information, collect feedback on changing priorities and procedures, give constructive criticism, speak clearly, writes effectively to persuade any situation, listens to others with interest to help with ideas and demonstrate the ability to build relationship with and outside the organization based on trust and professionalism
- Ability to multi task: The ability to demonstrate interest in improving relevant skills, planning and organizing , setting clear achievable goals with project priorities, handle multiple tasks and assignments, prioritizing more important tasks and maintain a good sight on others, timely reporting any barriers to tasks completion immediately
- Teamwork: Work in collaboration with others, delegate task and responsibilities, actively make team decisions in the organization to achieve project tasks that contribute to organization’s vision, Mission, and goal, welcome diversity and willing to embrace everyone regardless of who they are, willing to learn from others, accept criticism and open up to adjustment and able to handle working pressure and maintain same spirit of work
Submit soft copy of your application letter, an updated CV and 3 referees with copies of your key academic documents electronically to email@example.com or apply through our website www.icansouthsudan.comDeadline
Deadline for receiving application is 6th January 2023. I CAN South Sudan’s value is diversity and hence we welcome application from all regardless of gender, tribe, religion and nationality. Female candidate are strongly encouraged to apply
I CAN South Sudan is committed to Zero tolerance for Fraud and Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and hence all application and recruitment process is free of charge. Report any misconduct to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0774857262Note
Only selected applicants will be contacted for interview
Submitted copies of academic documents will NOT be returned to the applicant after review and will be well protected